Define IC

From: James Mahaffy (mahaffy@mtcnet.net)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 10:09:05 EST

    Folks,

    Am I right that IC stands for instant creation? Is it the same as YEC
    (Young Earth Creation) or does it differ in subtle ways. I was just
    reading a few of Bert's posts and responses on the archives and I
    noticed it was full of acronyms. I also noticed that none of them were
    defined the first time. I knew ID, MN (and TE YEC, PC that were not
    mentioned). IC threw me for a loop and got me to wondering if we should
    not be a bit more careful and give the definition the first time we use
    an acronym. AND could we try and snip most of the other persons long
    post when we reply to it so I don't have to go through a page before I
    read your response.

    Even some that we think EVERYONE knows our acronyms, even a common one
    like TE may be Greek to someone who doesn't read all the posts. A
    friend listens in on the acg list and it took him several posts to to
    realize what TE is.

    I will blind copy this to my friend. I would cc it but that would put
    his e-mail out publicly on the net (through the archives) and he might
    start getting X-rated spam like I do.

    --
    James and Florence Mahaffy    712 722-0381 (Home)
    227 S. Main St.              712 722-6279 (Office)