Re: Ubiquitous humans

From: gordon brown (gbrown@euclid.Colorado.EDU)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 10:55:01 EST

    From the comments I have seen on this thread, I gather that Augustine must
    have written about the antipodeans in several places and given a variety
    of reasons. Another place where he wrote about them is in City of God,
    Book XVI, Chapter 9. He seemed to think that the other side of the earth
    was probably entirely ocean, but if there was land anywhere there, it was
    too far away for man to have sailed there.

    Gordon Brown
    Department of Mathematics
    University of Colorado
    Boulder, CO 80309-0395