Re: almost life

From: Lawrence Johnston (johnston@uidaho.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 23 2000 - 00:20:31 EST

    Glenn and ASAYERS:

    Thanks Glenn for that good report on Paul Davies' book _The 5th Miracle_.
    Those are fascinating experiments. It seems quite likely to me that we will
    be able before too long to piece together living cells, most likely at first
    using biologically derived components. But why shouldn't we be able eventually
    to put together proteins, and DNA chains and a cell membrane, and make a
    designer cell "from scratch"? If an intelligent biochemist is able to do that
    in the future, it will be one more example of "Intelligent Design" at work,
    right?

    All God's blessings, Larry

    Lawrence H. Johnston 917 E. 8th st.
    professor of physics, emeritus Moscow, Id 83843
    University of Idaho (208) 882-2765
    http://www.uidaho.edu/~johnston/ ===================