Re: Phil Johnson's agenda

glenn morton (mortongr@flash.net)
Mon, 06 Dec 1999 18:51:19 +0000

At 08:51 AM 12/6/99 -0500, Moorad Alexanian wrote:
>Dear Glenn,
>
>I know the words of our Lord vis a vis lawyers. I suppose if my own daughter
>weren't a lawyer, then I would feel more repelled by them. To change
>people's mind you have to bring forth the assumptions they are making and at
>times try to undermine them. We have to think sharply and lawyers are
>trained to do that. "Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of
>wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matt. 10:16.

I do beg to differ a bit. Lawyers are not trained to think more 'sharply'
than are scientists. Scientists are trained to think even sharper than
lawyers. I will say that with the exception of patent lawyers I haven't met
many who really understood science and Phil is a great example of not
understanding science.

Before you pull out your 'my-daughter-is-a-lawyer' again, my wife is a
paralegal, her father is a judge (who when I married was a prominent
attorney), my brother-in-law is a lawyer, so I have them all around me and
know their abilities vis-a-vis the sciences. As a scientist, they can't
shine shoes. As legal beagles, they are fantastic and I can't shine shoes!
glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood
Adam, Apes and Anthropology
http://www.flash.net/~mortongr/dmd.htm