Re: Phil Johnson's agenda

George Murphy ("gmurphy@raex.com"@raex.com)
Mon, 06 Dec 1999 09:08:45 -0500

Moorad Alexanian wrote:

> Dear Wendee,
>
> I have no qualms with what you are saying, but there is a time for
> everything. People ought to know where we stand, we should not be ashamed of
> our faith. However, on the question of origins we have to go to the
> foundation, which is whether the question of origins is indeed a scientific
> question or not. Some assume that it is, I assume that it is not. Herein
> lies the philosophical discussion that Phil Johnson keeps emphasizing.

The question of ultimate origins is a religious question, so claiming to discuss
it in non-religious terms is pointless. & someone who claims that it is a
"philosophical" rather than a religious question simply shows his or her attachment to
the God of the philosophers.
If I may comment here on your parallel post concerning lawyers (to cut down on
internet traffic) - I can be as critical as anyone of the practices of present-day
lawyers. But it's only fair to note that the "lawyers" who come in for a lot of
criticism in the gospels are experts in the Moasiac law, & thus are correspond as much
to today's biblical scholars & theologians as to lawyers.
Shalom,
George

George L. Murphy
gmurphy@raex.com