Re: Phil Johnson's agenda

glenn morton (mortongr@flash.net)
Sun, 05 Dec 1999 17:02:40 +0000

At 02:34 PM 12/5/99 -0500, Moorad Alexanian wrote:
>Dear Glenn,
>
>I really do not want to get involved in this issue but it seems to me that
>Johnson's point is to fight materialism from a position of strength,
>philosophical and scientific, rather that from a position of faith, whatever
>that may be. I see some merit in that. In fact, that is the way that I
>myself argue. Of course, my Christian faith underlies my original objection
>made by those who believe that all that matters is matter. To understand
>Johnson you must think like a lawyer and let us face it that is the correct
>mode of thinking when you are in an adversarial discussion.

I see two problems with this, Moorad. Lawyers are paid to win regardless of
the truth. If we Christians act like lawyers and go for a win regardless of
the truth, it is a bad way for us to deal with the issue. Secondly, when
dealing with science one needs to think like a scientist not a lawyer. Our
goal is to convince a world that Christianity is true, it isn't our goal to
win a judgment against them.
glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood
Adam, Apes and Anthropology