Re: A grave concern

George Murphy ("gmurphy@raex.com"@raex.com)
Fri, 03 Dec 1999 22:42:22 -0500

glenn morton wrote:

> My concern with this is similar to Keith Miller's concern. How many
> theologically conservative churches have invited Wells to speak and thus
> spread Unification theology from their own pulpit. Was this fair to those
> churches? Was this ethical? While the comment is made that this was not
> 'hidden' neither was it advertised either. I didn't know it until a few
> weeks ago. I wrote Paul Nelson who said he has known it for a long time and
> it didn't bother him. If so, what cause and what purpose is being fought
> for here if ID will equally support islam and any other religiou? Aren't
> christians called to be light to the world? To Steven MeyerWhat has
> happened to you guys, Steve? When I knew you at ARCO you wanted to make a
> difference in christianity. Is Islam and every other religion your goal now?
>
> I also have a concern that the so called wedge movement is of no value to
> Christianity or christian apologetics precisely because it is so broad
> based that even the Roman Gods could be guilty of designing the universe.
> See Phil's note below.

Precisely. "The Wedge" & in fact the whole ID movement is motivated by
religious concerns, regardless of how much its advocates & practitioners may say
"Nobody here but us philosophers & scientists." & that in itself wouldn't be so
bad, but it becomes very clear from this example that the religious concern is not
the cross or justification or really even creation, but design as a tenet of naive
natural theology.

Shalom,
George
George L. Murphy