Re: wonderful...

Allan Harvey (aharvey@boulder.nist.gov)
Fri, 03 Dec 1999 11:56:12 -0700

At 01:46 PM 12/3/99 -0500, Rasmussen, Ryan J. wrote:
>Look whats floating around out on the net now... Is there a webpage out
>there that I can refer these people to that shows this is a hoax? Seem
>to remember someone saying there was.

ACK! Here are two documents on the Web -- the first an essay that I
wrote, the other an article from the Interdisciplinary Biblical Research
Institute (which I think is sort of a Christian think tank and seminary
with a fairly conservative slant generally):
http://www.shawangunk.com/scichr/essays/joshua.html
http://www.biblical.edu/joshua.htm

My essay gets more into musings about the spreading of these false
stories by Christians; the other gives more of the details about this
particular falsehood.

| Dr. Allan H. Harvey | aharvey@boulder.nist.gov |
| Physical and Chemical Properties Division | "Don't blame the |
| National Institute of Standards & Technology | government for what I |
| 325 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80303 | say, or vice versa." |