Re: Fable telling

mortongr@flash.net
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 20:29:20 +0000

At 07:51 AM 10/27/1999 -0400, George Murphy wrote:

> Education as a discipleship tool is certainly important but this has
>not, through Christian history, been what "aplogetics" has meant.

I understand that. But in my opinion apologetics doesn't really draw people
to the Lord. His love and our love for them, does. But, the lack of
rational explanations for religious/observational conflicts can drive
people away. Last night Paul seemed to denigrate rationalism and said that
that was what atheists have a devotion to. But in fact they have a
devotion to materialism. But hopefully christians believe that the world
is rational.
glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood
Adam, Apes and Anthropology