Re: Big Bang dissent

mortongr@flash.net
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 21:55:06 +0000

At 08:49 PM 10/25/1999 -0600, Bill Payne wrote:
>On Mon, 25 Oct 1999 06:11:34 +0000 mortongr@flash.net writes:
>>At 08:55 PM 10/24/1999 -0600, Bill Payne wrote:
>
>>Quantization is like pregnancy. Either you are or you aren't.
>
>Not in this case. If red shift is both quantized and also due to
>recessional velocity, and if the matter is receding and/or if other
>factors are contributing to red shift, then the quantized peaks may be
>smeared by noise from the other factors.

Maybe, but this sounds like a case of save the hypothesis at all costs.

>>Actually, I am wanting to move away from a debate about Arp. I don't
>find
>>his views worth the time.
>
>OK. Thanks for the exchange.
>
>>When I peddle an oil deal, and fail to sell it, the
>>market
>>place is telling me something. It is telling me that something is
>>wrong
>>with my deal--either the science or the economics. The market place
>>of
>>ideas is telling Arp the same thing. It is also telling you the same
>>thing
>>about your like from coal to the global flood.
>
>I know it's not the science, must be the economics. :-)

Sometimes its the science. I don't have total control of what I am ordered
to sell and sometimes my science isn't as good as I would like it to be.
glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood
Adam, Apes and Anthropology
http://www.flash.net/~mortongr/dmd.htm