Re: Mediterranean flood

mortongr@flash.net
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 19:01:01 +0000

At 07:26 AM 10/18/1999 EDT, RDehaan237@aol.com wrote:
>Glenn,
>
>What I presented was a hypothesis, as I clearly stated. I did not claim
that
>is or was verified or confirmed. To be sure, a hypothesis should be
>verifiable. If this one is not, as you have demonstrated, so be it.
>
>It does not make me hypocritical to ask, as I did in my last post--"Your
view
>regarding the Mediterranean basin as the site of Eden and Noah's flood is
not
>confirmed, and for practical purposes is unconfirmable. I take it that that
>is an accurate statement?"
>
>Enough, yet. You have my last word on this matter. You may take it
farther,
>if you wish. Thanks for what was to me an interesting exchange.

And I would only add that I have presented a hypothesis and have clearly
stated such. I also didn't claim mine was verified. But I do claim that it
is possible to verify it or refute it. I claimed that it was verifiable
according to the rules of logical postivism (and yes I know that positivism
has now been rejected). The thing that got my goat in all this was that you
seemed to be expecting more of my view than you expected from your own.

I apologize for being blunt and appearing insensitive. To reject a view
that can be verified in favor of views that can't, seems to me to do damage
to lots of things, like consistency, logic and finally the Scripture.
glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood
Adam, Apes and Anthropology
http://www.flash.net/~mortongr/dmd.htm