Re: Mediterranean flood

mortongr@flash.net
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 06:13:58 +0000

At 06:09 AM 10/15/1999 EDT, RDehaan237@aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 10/15/1999 12:33:59 AM, Glenn wrote:
>
><< I will tell you some other predictions of my views which have a greater
>chance of being confirmed. First, I do believe that the Genus Homo will
>eventually be found much further back in time than the current 2.4 myr. I
>would not say that it will be found back to 5.5 as that would be very
>unlikely if my views are correct. There would be too few people for
>fossilization to be likely.
> >>

>Thanks for your reponses, Glenn. I take it then that your theory of the
>desiccated Mediterranean basin being the site of Eden and of Noah's flood is
>in principle unproveable, pending the highly unlikely discovery of a 5.5 myr
>human fossil. Is that accurate?

Not in principle unprovable (in the sense used by the Vienna Circle and
logical positivism). It is impractical at present. There is a difference.
In priniciple one could build a dam across Gibraltar now, wait 4000 years
for the water to evaporate, and then dig on the bottom. As you see, that is
impracticle, but not impossible. But then, I would point out that all
scientific views are unprovable. Scientific theories can only be
falsified, not proven. When predicted data is found for a theory, the
theory is CONFIRMED not proven. In that regard my views are no different
than the Laws of Newton.
glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood
Adam, Apes and Anthropology