Re: The Torah Codes, Cracked OK, so maybe God didn't write the

mortongr@flash.net
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 18:17:25 +0000

At 10:59 AM 10/11/1999 -0600, dfsiemensjr@juno.com wrote:
>Glenn Morton wrote:.
>
>Because I am a fan of Ramban, I must protest this reporters
>misrepresentation of Ramban. Ramban was named Moshe ben Nachman or
>Nachmanides. Maimonides was an entirely different person. I can hear my
>Jewish friends saying, "Only a gentile could make such a mistake." :-)
>
>The Encyclopedia of Philosophy, 5:129 , notes that RaMBaM is an acronym
>for Rabbi Moses ben Maimon, known by the Latinized name, Maimonides. Or
>is the author of the article, Shlomo Pines, another confused Gentile?

I stand most humbly corrected. I did look at several encyclopedias for any
nickname of Maimonides and never have seen that. So, as I said of others,
--Only a Gentile like me could make such a mistake. THanks to both you and
Bill for the corrections.

glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood
Adam, Apes and Anthropology