Re: The Torah Codes, Cracked OK, so maybe God didn't write the

mortongr@flash.net
Fri, 08 Oct 1999 20:33:09 +0000

At 09:10 AM 10/08/1999 -0400, Moorad Alexanian wrote:

>By Benjamin Wittes
>Benjamin Wittes is an editorial writer for the Washington Post. Posted
>Wednesday, Oct. 6, 1999, at 4:30 p.m. PT
> The names of medieval rabbis
>are not fixed in the way that modern names are; the great rabbi Moses Ben
>Maimon, for example, is often called Maimonides or the Rambam.

Because I am a fan of Ramban, I must protest this reporters
misrepresentation of Ramban. Ramban was named Moshe ben Nachman or
Nachmanides. Maimonides was an entirely different person. I can hear my
Jewish friends saying, "Only a gentile could make such a mistake." :-)
glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood
Adam, Apes and Anthropology
http://www.flash.net/~mortongr/dmd.htm