Re: FW: news items - Black Sea Flood and Kansas Creationists

Bill Hamilton (hamilton@predator.cs.gmr.com)
Thu, 07 Oct 1999 10:39:15 -0400

Paul

I think it's the mailer -- yours or mine -- inserting a \newline at the
default line width. I widened my line width and it didn't make a
difference, so I suspect it's yours. In any case I used the urls you sent
yesterday -- after fixing them up -- and they worked fine.

Thanks for posting them.

I thought the article about the creationist couple in Kansas was quite
interesting. I was amazed at how clearly the writer explained these
people's Christian convictions and their conversions.

The one about Ballard was interesting in that it showed how the "Noah's
flood" investigation got tacked on after the book "Noah's flood" was
published. Clearly Ballard set out to do a scientific investigation of a
plausible locale for preservation of ancient wood structures. _Then_ a
book was published which caused another, different, archaeological quest to
get added. Nothing is wrong with that, but it shows how events can
influence grantsmanship.

At 09:42 AM 10/7/99 -0400, Paul wrote:
>The links I sent yesterday were cut off for some reason.
>Here are the correct URLs. They should end in 'html' in
>case they get cut off again:
Bill Hamilton
William E. Hamilton, Jr., Ph.D.
Staff Research Engineer
Electrical and Controls Integration MC 480-106-390
GM R&D Center
30500 Mound Road
Warren, MI
hamilton@predator.cs.gmr.com / whamilto@mich.com (home)