Re: Mediterranean Flood

mortongr@flash.net
Wed, 06 Oct 1999 22:12:19 +0000

At 08:31 AM 10/06/1999 -0400, George Murphy wrote:
> A question about theory rather than observation: How do we know that this
>increase in brain size happened "autocatalytically" - a word he uses twice?
> (N.B. It's fine with me if it did - I'm as much of a fan of nonlinearity &
>nonequilibrium thermo as anyone. But does the word here mean anything
more than "we
>don't know the mechanism"?)

That is her view. But yes there is a feedback loop in place. In primitive
societies those who are smarter produce more offspring. Dumb people make
dumb mistakes and die. I think that is what she was referring to.
glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood
Adam, Apes and Anthropology
http://www.flash.net/~mortongr/dmd.htm