Re: Word order (was Powers that Be (was Year of Destiny?!))

Moorad Alexanian (alexanian@uncwil.edu)
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 09:14:43 -0400

Dear Vernon,

I believe that Scripture (the Word of God) and nature (the work of God) are
on equal footing when it comes to man learning about them. Our understanding
of both, nature and the Word, changes with time. Many opponents of the Word
use this as an argument against the Bible; but the same can be said of our
changing knowledge of nature that is ascribed to our leaning more rather
than that nature cannot be trusted. With this in mind, I do not disagree
with what you say under 3) in the sense that good research is what one must
do in all cases. Of course, some of this numerology may get us nowhere. In
physics, there are numerical coincidences that are accepted as being very
fundamental but that we do not truly know what they really mean. Paul Dirac,
a very famous physicist, use some of these coincidences to develop a theory
that the gravitational constant changes with time. Of course, Dirac is so
well-respected that people do believe that there is something fundamental in
these coincidences. One must never forget that in science and Scripture
there are truths that are not presently accessible to man no matter how
clever man thinks he is.

Take care,

Moorad