Re: Powers that Be (was Year of Destiny?!)

Vernon Jenkins (vernon.jenkins@virgin.net)
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 22:38:25 +0100

Gordon,

I have no doubt that 'All Scripture is inspired by God' - including the
numerics which are indelibly associated with the original words.

You ask, Why should Genesis 1:1 be any more remarkable than any other
line in Scripture? I find it surprising that you appear to be completely
unimpressed by the facts I have presented. Do you also claim these
integrated numerical features to be there by accident?

Nevertheless, I suspect there is some truth in what you are implying:
while our mental faculties are such that we are able to see numerical
design in the Bible's opening words, it is highly probable that there
are eternally meaningful features associated with the whole of the
original text which are beyond our comprehension. If this be true, then
we must regard Genesis 1:1 and the Creator's Name as being specifically
prepared for use at this particular point in time!

I would appreciate a further, clearer, word from you.

Vernon

http://homepage.virgin.net/vernon.jenkins/index.htm

http://www.compulink.co.uk/~indexer/miracla1.htm