Re: A Christian's Responsibility (was: Miller's Request for N&V Artic les)

Graham Richard Pointer (grp1@st-andrews.ac.uk)
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 12:34:35 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 20 Sep 1999 MccarrickAD@nswccd.navy.mil wrote:

> My experience is that a good
> fraction will accept your thoughtful criticism (especially when done in
> private) and a smaller fraction will actually change or make amends.

My experience when doing this is that they will ask if I really am a
Christian.

> Some familiar examples: a fifth grade teacher repeated the missing day
> story about NASA running computer programs backwards, an 8th grade teacher
> and our youth pastor both mentioning that human footprints are found within
> dinosaur prints in Texas, and finally our pastor presenting the story of the
> British sailor swallowed by a whale (I gave him Ted Davis' "Whale of a Tale"
> article that can be found at the ASA website).

A fairly common response I get is that we live by faith rather than sight
(sight=evidence). These are things we are supposed to accpet "by faith"

Graham.