RE: Year of Destiny?!

Vandergraaf, Chuck (vandergraaft@aecl.ca)
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 22:26:07 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01BEF8D8.5C34DC40

Vernon,

Your comment to Pim van Meurs prompted me to have another look at your
initial e-mail on this subject. I had only looked at the first *.htm
attachment and quickly glanced at the *.gif files. I thought I'd better
look at all of them before I put my foot in my mouth.

I've now looked at the attachments a bit more closely. Your math is OK: the
number 5760 is divisible by 10. Ten blocks can be put into a pyramid, as
you've shown so, by itself, this makes the number 5760 not unusual.
Dividing 5760 by 10, we get 576. The square root of 576 is 24, so each of
your ten squares in your pyramid has a side of 24 units. Putting the four
blocks on the bottom "cheek to jowl," we get 4 x 24 = 96 units on the base
and, because the pyramid is 4 units high, also 96 units tall.

Now comes a bit of stretch: where does the checkerboard fit in? Sure, it
has 64 squares and 8 x 12 = 96 but does that make a checkers somewhat of a
divine nature?

Because 5760 is divisible by 10 and can therefore be arranged in a pyramid
with a base of four units and a height of four units, wouldn't any pyramid
of ten units in a rectangle give the 3:5 ratio between your "brown and blue"
areas? Let each square unit have a value of unity. There will be 10 units
in a pyramid. The total area of the square in which the pyramid is placed
is 4 x 4 = 16 units. The area not covered by the pyramid is 16 - 10 = 6
units and the ratio is, guess, 6:10 or 3:5!

As for the "characteristic values of the Greek forms (nominative case) of
'Jesus' and 'Christ' (ie 888 and 1480, respectively)," this reminds me a
recent post where somebody had concluded that Bill Gates would be the
Antichrist because the sum of the numerical values of the letters in his
name equaled 666 (even that took some fiddling, if I recall). There is a
highway in New Mexico that is numbered 666 (it runs North from Gallup, NM,
into Colorado). I am not aware of the Antichrist living anywhere in
Northwest New Mexico or that that area is particularly noted for nasty
things. But I digress.

In conclusion, other than 5760 being an interesting number, I doubt if we
should attach much significance to it.

Chuck Vandergraaf
Pinawa, MB

I've now looked at = the attachments a bit more closely.  Your math is OK: the number = 5760 is divisible by 10.  Ten blocks can be put into a pyramid, as = you've shown so, by itself, this makes the number 5760 not = unusual.  Dividing 5760 by 10, we get 576.  The square root = of 576 is 24, so each of your ten squares in your pyramid has a side of = 24 units. Putting the four blocks on the bottom "cheek to = jowl," we get 4 x 24 =3D 96 units on the base and, because the = pyramid is 4 units high, also 96 units tall.

Now comes a bit of = stretch: where does the checkerboard fit in?  Sure, it has 64 = squares and 8 x 12 =3D 96 but does that make a checkers somewhat of a = divine nature?

Because 5760 is = divisible by 10 and can therefore be arranged in a pyramid with a base = of four units and a height of four units, wouldn't any pyramid of ten = units in a rectangle give the 3:5 ratio between your "brown and = blue" areas?  Let each square unit have a value of = unity.  There will be 10 units in a pyramid.  The total area = of the square in which the pyramid is placed is 4 x 4 =3D 16 = units.  The area not covered by the pyramid is 16 - 10 =3D  6 = units and the ratio is, guess, 6:10 or 3:5!

As for the "characteristic = values of the Greek forms (nominative case) of 'Jesus' and 'Christ' (ie = 888 and 1480, respectively)," this reminds me a recent post where = somebody had concluded that Bill Gates would be the Antichrist because = the sum of the numerical values of the letters in his name equaled 666 = (even that took some fiddling, if I recall).  There is a highway = in New Mexico that is numbered 666 (it runs North from Gallup, NM, into = Colorado).  I am not aware of the Antichrist living anywhere in = Northwest New Mexico or that that area is particularly noted for nasty = things.  But I digress.

In conclusion, other = than 5760 being an interesting number, I doubt if  we should = attach much significance to it.

Chuck = Vandergraaf
Pinawa, = MB     =20

       =20

------_=_NextPart_001_01BEF8D8.5C34DC40--