Re: St. Basil's 400AD view of the Days of proclamation

mortongr@flash.net
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 21:21:24 +0000

At 11:48 AM 08/18/1999 -0400, Bill Hamilton wrote:
>George Andrews wrote to Glenn
>
>>For, if as you state Genesis 1 is a preface to creation in "formulating the
>>plan" and not affecting the creation by the spoken Word of God, then this
>>detracts from Genesis 1 50% of its inspiration value.
>
>Good point. That God speaks things into existence and that He directs
>nature by speaking seems to me to be a consistent and pervasive theme in
>Scripture.

Still doesn't say how long it takes for Nature to respond. Is that so hard
to understand or is it so deeply ingrained in Christian thought that God's
word must be instantly fulfilled that it is inconceivable that it could
take time.
glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood
Adam, Apes and Anthropology