Re: re-whales from rodents

Allan Harvey (aharvey@boulder.nist.gov)
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 08:31:16 -0600

At 01:53 PM 8/15/99 +0000, mortongr@flash.net wrote:
>At 07:50 AM 08/15/1999 -0600, John W. Burgeson wrote:
>>3. Simply pointing out that your claim is without merit.
>

>Well, my friend, we will have to agree to disagree about this one. And
>aparently even some who normally are not fond of my ideas here agree with
>me on this one.
>glenn

You know, I think I see where Glenn and Burgy have been talking past each
other on this one.

Glenn, you didn't really mean to say that Phil Johnson *himself believes*
that whales evolved from rodents, did you? (I think Burgy took you
overly literally there) Isn't what you really meant to say something like:
"Phil Johnson believes that evolutionary theory has whales evolving from
rodents."
so that your claim was about his ignorance of evolutionary theory?

Burgy, given that Glenn was a little sloppy in his wording in pointing
out PJ's misconceptions about evolutionary theory, can you agrtee with
what Glenn must have meant, namely that, from Johnson's writings, it does
look like he is claiming that this is a part of standard Darwinsim?

Allan (thinking he should start a mediation service)

| Dr. Allan H. Harvey | aharvey@boulder.nist.gov |
| Physical and Chemical Properties Division | "Don't blame the |
| National Institute of Standards & Technology | government for what I |
| 325 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80303 | say, or vice versa." |