Re: asa-digest V1 #1308

George Murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 19:01:39 -0400

John W. Burgeson wrote:

> The wine at Cana is certainly a PC intervention. I need cite only one to
> make the case that all is not TE.

I don't think this is the most helpful terminology since we are not concerned
there with creation & evolution in the usual sense, but if you refer to the types of
divine action contemplated in those 2 modes of development, OK.
More substantively, it is not certain that a sign like that at Cana must be
regarded as something which natural processes are incapable of, & thus outside the
bounds of the type of divine action I suggest. Such signs might be due to seldom
realized potentialities but "natual" which God has allowed for in creation. Augustine,
e.g., was willing to consider this view.
Shalom,
George

George L. Murphy
gmurphy@raex.com