Re: Inconsistency on Shroud vs. Genesis.

George Murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 09:36:10 -0400

Moorad Alexanian wrote:

> I think the scientific study of the Shroud is good science and should be
> encouraged. If there is no scientific explanation on how the image got onto
> the cloth, then there may be an explanation which lies outside science.
> After all there has never been an event of a cloth surrounding a dead body
> and leaving a mark on it on resurrection. Then we can speak of whether that
> body was Christ's or not.

OK. But it also is not _de fide_ that something beyond the capabilities
of natural processes happened _to the shroud_ when Jesus was raised. So the shroud
& its image itself might be quite "natural" while providing strong evidence for Jesus'
crucifixion & rather weaker evidence that something unusual happened to his body,
Shalom,
George

George L. Murphy
gmurphy@raex.com