Re: the saddest statement

Bill Payne (bpayne15@juno.com)
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 22:13:44 -0600

Hi Glenn!

On Sat, 07 Aug 1999 20:06:05 +0000 mortongr@flash.net writes:

>So we are supposed to invest such time in an intellectual lark, that
>admittedly ignores the evidence? And then we are supposed to say that
this
>failed lark, which is opposed by every piece of observational data is
what
>we should be engaged in because it supports the very Word of God. Sorry
>Burgy, I find this all very, very sad, hypocritic and blind.

_Every_ piece of obversational data....? As I recall, when you and I
discussed the Pittsburg Coal seam, you were asking for help because you
hated to see any YEC argument go unanswered. And after it was all said
and done, you begrudgingly admitted that the most logical model to
explain the data was an allochthonous (floating mat) model rather than
the autochthnous (swamp) model. Have you now come up with an explanation
for how you can imagine depositing a thin, widespread clay or shale
parting in a swamp? Or, did you just forget about the Pittsburg Coal?

Bill