Re: metaphysics

Mariam Lavoie (rams4@mindspring.com)
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 01:09:58 -0700

Explanations are not of any value if they do not make predictions.
Predictions are the essence of what it is to be scientific. In summary
science is of the form: if A, then B. We do not "explain" the laws nor do
the laws explain the phenomena. Scienfic laws codify past experiments and
are the source of future predictions. Theories in science are neeeded to
unify many laws under one umbrella.

Moorad