Re: Context (was Fish to Amphibian)

Adam Crowl (qraal@hotmail.com)
Sat, 26 Jun 1999 10:00:52 PDT

Hi ASA,

Depends on what you take those verses to mean. The consistent
self-interpretation of the Gospels on themselves indicates that the
so-called "Second Coming" spoken of in those passages is really Jesus
"coming in the clouds" [i.e. in Judgement] against Jerusalem. That makes the
most sense of the biblical data for an imminent "Return", since Jesus
consistently speaks of "this generation" seeing his prophecies fulfilled.
Nothing else is honest with the text.

Whether that has implications with wider applications than to just those
passages is another issue. But the "global" perspective can be just "local".
And in apocalyptic language even the stars can fall from the sky.

Adam