Re: Fish to Amphibian

gordon brown (gbrown@euclid.Colorado.EDU)
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 08:29:39 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 21 Jun 1999, Vernon Jenkins wrote:

> It was a large vessel, commissioned by God, and robust enough to meet
> the demands of the 'mabbul' (It is interesting that though there are
> several Hebrew words meaning 'flood', this one is reserved for this
> particular event - described in the Greek as 'kataklusmos'). I think
> 'ocean-going' is implied.

Vernon,

Why do you believe that in Psalm 29:10 mabbul refers to the Flood of
Noah's time? What in the context demands this? Isn't this psalm about the
power of God displayed in a heavy thunderstorm as it moves from the sea
across the mountains and out over the desert?

Gordon Brown
Department of Mathematics
University of Colorado
Boulder, CO 80309-0395