Re: Reading Behe... Any thoughts?

George Andrews (gandrews@as.wm.edu)
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 09:29:48 -0400

--------------085354BA677D50975B5A0C5F

--------------2247574D2446F28F949AAE2D

Hi Moorad,

I just found these in my drat folder so were never sent. I am sorry.

Moorad Alexanian wrote:

> Let us consider the case of a mouse trap. One can say that the parts are
> somewhat already there, after all the parts are made of molecules and we can
> assume molecules already exist. But the real question is, what law says that
> mouse traps exist? That is a basic problem I have with a scientific
> description of evolution. How do we know what exists ahead of time? How can
> such things be predicted by a scientific theory? That is why I have the gut
> feeling that evolution is not science.
>
> Moorad

I do not see your point. Are we not invited to think that all of the laws of
science are the laws you seek? What is it that we need to know in advance?
Hydrogen molecules exist due to quantum mechanical interaction (law) thereby
creating an entity that more complex; mouse traps - of various mutations - are
expected in evolution.

George

George --------------2247574D2446F28F949AAE2D-- --------------085354BA677D50975B5A0C5F Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="gandrews.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for George Andrews Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="gandrews.vcf" begin:vcard n:Andrews Jr.;George tel;home:757 565 2890 x-mozilla-html:TRUE org:College of William & Mary;Applied Sciences adr:;;;Williamsburg;VA;23188; version:2.1 email;internet:gandrews@as.wm.edu title:Graduate Student fn:George A. Andrews Jr. end:vcard --------------085354BA677D50975B5A0C5F--