Re: Incarnational theology,was RE: Accepting Genesis 1 as

George Andrews (gandrews@as.wm.edu)
Fri, 04 Jun 1999 09:54:00 -0400

--------------3C9099BE097EEAD7791BE2ED

Moorad Alexanian wrote:

> Genesis answers questions that need not be scientific. For instance, where
> did I come from? If I could look into the past, what will I find? One can
> treat those questions as if they were scientific questions and try to answer
> them. But the answers may lie outside the purview of science. Moorad

Perhaps I misunderstood your original post to Dan. I thought you were arguing
for a literal solar day read of Genesis. I agree with this post that Genesis is
not meant to answer scientific questions and does not - in any way - relate to
the modern scientific world view - which is precisely why we can not take it
"verbatim".

Cheers
George

--------------3C9099BE097EEAD7791BE2ED

begin:vcard
n:Andrews Jr.;George
tel;home:757 565 2890
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:College of William & Mary;Applied Sciences
adr:;;;Williamsburg;VA;23188;
version:2.1
email;internet:gandrews@as.wm.edu
title:Graduate Student