Re: Dino-Birds

Adam Crowl (qraal@hotmail.com)
Wed, 02 Jun 1999 15:00:26 PDT

Hi ASA,

Massie sorry for a slow response but I live in another time-zone entirely...

>From: Massie <mrlab@ix.netcom.com>
>To: Adam Crowl <qraal@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Dino-Birds
>Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 06:08:00 -0700

>****************
>Adam
>
>You are not alone in thinking that you know the mind of God. What basis
>do you have for saying that God made the wrong numbers of what you
>define as "kinds."

Okay, but I said nothing about numbers, just that intermediate morphologies
seem rather strange for God to create if he really wanted to make it
blatantly clear that this world was created rather than evolved. Either God
is behaving like a Trickster [Satan was the wrong choice to compare with] or
else the world has evolved.

JS Gould of course made a big case of his proported
>understanding of the wisdom of God in The Panda's Thumb. Who knows why
>he made the diversity of kinds (a human definition) and what gives you
>the insight into the workings of his mind. Further, what limites the
>Creator from making whatever it pleases him regardless of you dismay
>what how it fits into the current human model of biodiverstiy. I will
>follow the postings very carefully and I await your explanation. I
>would want at least to hear that you:
>
>Give us a listing of all the "kinds" of creatures on the planet.

Considering that we don't even have a complete catalogue of species I'd say
that's a big ask. And "kind" is a special creationist term not a valid
scientific category.

>Tell us how they interact to form the integrated biological system.

Even bigger ask, which would achieve what? We're looking at a rather
truncated biosphere in the Post-Flood world in the Flood Geologist
perspective and it's one that works - when humans aren't destroying it. So
where did all the pre-Flood critters fit in? In the evolutionary view there
is no problem because we're looking at a succession of eco-systems over
immense amounts of time.

>Explain to us your criteria for selecting the mistakes and give us some
>integrated explanation.

Mistakes? AFAIK no creature in its eco-system is ever a "mistake". The only
mistake is trying to force the tens of millions of life-forms that ever
lived into one planet. Seems odd that so many shallow water marine reptiles
[all presumably vegetarian somehow] existed in a world that needed all the
land it could get to fit all those large animals [amphibians, sphenacodonts,
thecodonts, therapsids, dinosaurs, megatheria and so on...] There's only so
much land to go around.

In an evolutionary view this poses no real obstacle with ecosystems easily
stretched out across immense time.

Adam