Re: Dino-Birds

William A. Wetzel (n6rky@pacbell.net)
Wed, 02 Jun 1999 05:50:34 -0700

Hi Adam:

It had been established some time ago; that Aves decended from dinosaurs.
This new discovery is in support of that. The problem with those who have
problems with evolution is not unlike that of Galileo's time. Instead its
the microscope rather than the telescope. A repeat in church history.

Because of "Darwin's Doubt", C. S. Lewis (who was a T.E. himself), became
a creationist under Anglican Orthodoxism. Even Darwin was a theologian. I
myself was anti-evolutionist, until reading and experimenting from a book
called "Electronic Experiments For The 21st Century" from Sams Publishers
which included evolution experiments. When I had completed the book, that
finally got me to wake up and smell the coffee.

Also: a friend of mine who is a youth minister at a local church, brought
to my attention that there was "No evening and morning" after God's final
act of creation in Genesis and it is corollated throughout from there. It
along with social and technological evolution would seem to indicate that
evolution is part of God's overall creation plan. And it would seem to be
a perfect fit with St. Thomas Aquina's cosmological argument.

The moral of the story? The more we learn of science, the more we gain in
our view of "The Portrait Of God" and the miracle of His creation. We can
even say that the Bible really is a living truth, since it serves us just
as well in education as it did in our ignorance. A really remarkable work
by any standard. No doubt that God really is the author of it :)

Best Wishes,
William - N6RKY