Re: Gastaldo

Bill Payne (bpayne15@juno.com)
Mon, 24 May 1999 23:06:23 -0600

On Mon, 24 May 1999 16:36:57 -0400 "Steven H. Schimmrich"
<sschimmr@calvin.edu> writes:

> If Bill and others want to crow about how I'm a coward and how they
won the
>big debate, so be it.

I'll not do that, but I am sorry that you won't have time to debate. I
was looking forward to learning a lot from this.

>The harsh reality is that it's all a big waste of time
>unless Bill and others who think all coals were deposited in a big bad
flood
>do some real research and publish the results in peer-reviewed journals.

>Otherwise no professional geologist knows or cares what they think
>about it.

I'm working in the direction of research and publishing, but it's a
lengthly process for me. Incidentally, I am a P.G., registered in GA and
AL, so there's at least one PG who knows and cares what "they think aout
it." :-)

> I've forwarded Bill's posted critiques of Bob Gastaldo's paper to Bob
in
>hopes that he'll comment on them. If he does (I hope he will), I'll
post it
>to the list for everyone's reading pleasure. Bob's homepage at Auburn is
at
>http://www.auburn.edu/~gastara/STICKSNMUD.htm.

I too hope Bob will comment. I will be very interested in hearing what
he has to say; thank you for forwarding the posts to him. Incidentally,
the primary one I would like to get Bob's comments on is the critique I
did last year. I assume you forwarded that one also? If I'm not
mistaken, I invited Bob to join our discussion last year. A couple of
months ago I invited two geologists at the Univ of AL to participate and
also invite Bob (I didn't have his e-mail address recently), but to no
avail.

> Have fun rehashing this stuff over and over and over again, I'm going
>try and get some real work done!

God speed, Steve,

Bill