RE: Are you Compromising to save face?

Rasmussen, Ryan J. (rasmussen@mcnamee.com)
Wed, 12 May 1999 09:50:31 -0400

> -----Original Message-----
> From: streutker@juno.com [mailto:streutker@juno.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 1999 6:20 PM
> To: rasmussen@mcnamee.com
> Subject: Are you Compromising to save face?

[SNIP]

> What does Ex. 20:11 mean in your world?

Exodus 20:11

For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and
all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the
LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

Well I my interpretation is that it took our Lord six literal days to
laydown the design of this universe and the complex laws that would
govern His creative power/energ. This governed power would ultimately
result in the creation of the planet earth and all life on it. The vast
amount of complexity of interdependant systems in this universe and that
fact that we (the end result/purpose of the creation) exist shows that
it was a very detailed and ultimately "good" design because IT
WORKED(ie..the universe did not collapse back in on itself, a being was
created in His image, etc.)

The design of this universe in its fullness throughout time had to have
been an amazing feat of intelligence and power. Enough so that it took
our heavenly Father six full days to do it. At the end of the sixth
day, I believe God unleashed His awesome power which we have come to
call "The Big Bang". He then sat back and rested as He watched the
fireworks for a few billion years knowing that in the end He would be
sharing this experience with ones of His own image.

God gave mankind a reasoning mind. It is obvious to me and many others
that there are physical laws to this universe that govern how
energy/matter acts. These laws are set up so that the universe and all
life as we know will be created through these governing laws over a
period of time. God set up the laws that govern is His power so it is
He that is the creator of this universe...not the laws by which He did
so.

Thats the problem science... it only acknowledges the Laws... not the
One who brought them into being. I honestly believe that if you were to
look into the sciences you would see the truth in its discoveries. You
would then be able to look at both the Bible AND science and come to a
higher understanding of the existance God has given us all. You might
also better understand what parts of the Bible are more SYMBOLIC than
others.

It took me a long time of prayer, study, and personal growth to let God
open my eyes to what He has done. I still have a lot to learn and I
continue to struggle with many scientific/religious issues but thats
part of the the growth process. If you ask Him to help you he will do
the same for you.