Re: Four Rivers Revisited

Allen Roy (allen@infomagic.com)
Mon, 10 May 1999 20:21:31 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_01BE9B22.B0D51320

> From: PHSEELY@aol.com
> 1. When do you date the Flood?

This would be a historical determination from the Biblical chronologies.
Due to variations and uncertainty in the chronologies the date for the
Flood is thought to be somewhere in the vicinity of 2500 BC.

> 2. Were pairs of all the various kinds of living and prehistoric animals
such
> as dinosaurs, on the ark?

The best source for trying to determine what was on the Ark is
Woodmorappe's book "Noah's Ark: A Feasibility Study." By considering what
the Bible might mean by 'kind' (he concludes it is not equivalent with
species), and by noting the Biblical qualifications for inclusion on the
Ark, he has estimated that there were 16000 animals on the Ark including 7
pairs for each of the 'clean' animals. I recommend reading his book,
whether you agree with him or not. If you don't know what he has to say,
you know next to nothing about YEC flood Catastrophism and Noah's Ark. If
you are going to discuss with YECs and Flood catastrophists you should at
least be aware of what they really believe and not what someone else told
you.

> 3. Were there only 8 people alive on the entire global earth after the
Flood?

That's what I believe the bible to say. :)

> 4. When do you date the creation of the first fish, animals, birds and
humans?

Again, due to the uncertainties of the Biblical chronologies the Creation
week is though to have occurred somewhere between 6000 and 10000 years ago.
My personal position is that this date only applies to the creation of
life on this planet and not to the beginning of the Universe.

Allen