Re: Article in NATURE / Cause and Effect

James Taggart (James_Taggart@multilink.com)
Thu, 6 May 1999 11:33:08 -0400

Finding chemical markers does not delimit the spiritual experience.
However, having those markers and then looking for other "experiences" that
also produce those markers might teach us something that we do not already
know. If they only appear when conscious spiritual phenomenon are
experienced, then we learn one thing. If they appear in "other"
circumstances, then we may learn that they aren't 'spiritual' markers at
all, OR we may discover that these "other" circumstances are in fact
unrecognized spiritual manifestations (don't ask me to explain what
circumstances I mean, because I have no idea. Perhaps pole vaulting is a
spiritual experience).

pwason@abacus.bates.edu (Paul K. Wason) on 05/06/99 09:10:20 AM