Re: Phil Johnson on Focus on the Family

William A. Wetzel (n6rky@pacbell.net)
Wed, 05 May 1999 13:47:27 -0700

Dear Moorad:

I knew we would eventually get to that topic! Epistemology is what I have
seen wielded by most Socratics (who deny evolution). And I aways respond:
"OCCAMS RAZOR". This is what science is all about. Looking for causes for
phenomena in the natural realm.

It DOES not mean that science discounts the supernatural though. It is in
the extremist camps ONLY where the supernatural is altogether ruled out.

I will read the book you had suggested, but I remind you that science has
it's own epistemology. Logic alone does not prove a case. And consilience
and/or Unity of Knowledge (like Utopia) is an unachievable ideal.

Best Wishes,
William - N6RKY

--
William A. Wetzel