Re: dinosaur footprints again

Arthur V. Chadwick (chadwicka@swau.edu)
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 16:37:15 -0800

At 04:07 PM 4/28/99 -0500, Joel wrote:

>I knew I could count on you to reply:-) I guess I was thinking more
>generally about flood models when I was comparing the two but I see now
>that these are different questions in many ways. I must have missed
>something in the previous discussion because I thought that the means by
>which the tracks were laid down in the Coconino was being applied generally
>to explain a wide variety of tracks that seemed to have been created in
>"dryer" conditions not possible during the flood. Maybe I am thinking
>more of Allen Roy's multiple tsunami model wherein the dinosaurs could have
>been around late in the flood and between tsunami events wandered out onto
>this temporarily exposed horizontal beach. To me it is not just the sheer
>number of tracks but the variety of tracks that makes such a model
>difficult for me to envision.

Hi, Joel. This thing in Brazil is fascinating in any case, and I would
like to know a lot more about it. I was down there in February, and wish I
had known about this site then. I just finished reading the latest issue
of Geology Today while my students were taking an exam, but missed that
article entirely. I will have to find a copy!
Art
http://geology.swau.edu