ASA Questionnaire

by way of Terry M. Gray (asa-owner@udomo3.calvin.edu)
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 11:18:30 -0600

This message from Joe Carson failed to be posted because of a spam detector
that doesn't allow messages to be sent that don't have the list address in
the To: or Cc: line.

So here it is. It should go through this time.

TG

Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 01:11:27 -0400
From: Joseph Carson <73530.2350@compuserve.com>
Subject: ASA questionnaire
Sender: Joseph Carson <73530.2350@compuserve.com>
To: Blind.Copy.Receiver@compuserve.com

Dear ASA'ers - I hope this electronic version of the questionnaire makes
responding (to ASA, not me) more convenient to more members.
ASA's email address is
<asa@newl.com>. Please consider posting your responses to the ASA listserv
and inviting others to comment on them. The more feedback the Executive
Committee receives the better it will be able to chart ASA's course into
the next millenium.

Joe Carson, member ASA Communications Committee Board.

ASA into the 21st Century (Return Deadline - June 1, 1999)

MEMBERS: WE NEED YOUR HELP! The Executive Council seeks your input to the
following questions to help us structure the ASA (including the Annual
Meeting, and our publications) to meet your needs. We are planning, a
symposium session at the Annual Meeting this summer to discuss your input
to the questions below. Please complete the questionnaire ASAP and return
it in the enclosed envelope.

1. Number of years you have been an ASA member:( ) 1-5; ( ) 6-10; (
) 1

2. Your sex: ( ) F; ( ) M

3. Your highest degree: ( )B.S.; ( ) M.S.; ( ) Ph.D.; ( ) M.D.;
( ) Other

4. Area of academic training in the sciences: ( ) Biology; ( )
Chemistry; ( ) Engineering; ( ) Geology; ( ) Mathematics; ( )
Medical; ( ) Philosophy; ( ) Physics; ( ) Social Science; ( )
Other

5. Number of Annual Meetings you have attended in the past 10 years: ( )
none; ( ) 1-2; ( ) 3-5; ( ) 6+

6. How.well is the ASA currently meeting your expectations and personal
needs? Please rate us on a scale of one to five. One, low; five, high: (
)1; ( ) 2; ( ) 3; ( ) 4; ( ) 5

7. In the space below, tell us how we could better meet your needs and
interests.
Answer:

8. How do you rate our joumal, Perspectives on Science and Christian
Faith? ( ) 1; ( ) 2; ( ) 3; ( ) 4; ( ) 5

9. What changes would make it more valuable to you?
Answer:

l0. How do you rate the Newsletter? ( ) 1; ( ) 2; ( )3; ( )4; (
) 5

11. What changes would make the Newsletter more valuable to you?
Answer:

12. If you have attended an AnnualMeeting in the past ten years, how do
you rate them? (Otherwise leave blank) ( ) 1; ( ) 2; ( ) 3; ( ) 4;
( ) 5

13. Whether you have attended an Annual Meeting or not, what would make
this event more vaiuable to you and make it more attactive for you to attend?
Answer:

14. If available, would you see value in and attend a local section of ASA
in your area? ( )Yes; ( ) No

15. Do you have any other comments that might assist us as we seek to
represent you on the Executive Council?
Answer:

Section II. Questions to aid the presentations in the Evangelism Symposium
at JBU on July 31, 1999.

1. Did you come to faith as a youth or in maturity? ( )Youth; ( )
Maturity

2. Was your knowtedge of science a hindrance in coming to faith or a
hindrance to your already forming faith? ( ) Hindrance in coming to
faith; ( ) Hindrance in forming faith; ( ) Both; ( ) Neither

3. If science was a hindrance, what were the greatest difficulties?
Answer:

4. Were there people in science or books that were especially helpful to
you in coming to faitb and/or strengthening it? Please list them:

People:

Books:

5. Finally,what other things can you share with us about your faith joumey
that could be helpful in how God deals with individuals immersed in the
practice and theory of science?
Answer: