Re: Phil Johnson on Focus on the Family

Allan Harvey (aharvey@boulder.nist.gov)
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 12:20:14 -0600

On more than one occasion Phil Johnson has lamented the hostility he gets
from Christians in academic science. Yet here he is (and not for the
first time) on a widely circulated medium slandering the integrity of his
brothers and sisters in academia. While I'm not in favor of hostility
(though I confess having some within me), one must say that, to a large
extent, Johnson brings it upon himself.

At 01:29 PM 4/27/99 -0400, Ryan Rasmussen wrote:
>Did anyone get a chance to listen to Dr. Phil Johnson on Dr. James
>Dobson's Focus on the Family radio show today? They basically trashed
>Darwinistic Evolution during the beginning of the show and moved into
>trashing Theistic Evolution and anything else that included evolutionary
>theory. By the end of the show they were accusing Christians that work
>in scientific academia as selling out to naturalism in order to further
>their own professional goals. At one point Phil said that the reason
>Christian higher education does not take a hard stance against
>evolutionary theory is beause the parents of the students that attend
>these schools want their kids to go on to ivy league schools and
>therefor must be educated in the secular theory of evolution in order
>for this to happen. They then went on to congratulate each other on
>their recent publications.

| Dr. Allan H. Harvey | aharvey@boulder.nist.gov |
| Physical and Chemical Properties Division | "Don't blame the |
| National Institute of Standards & Technology | government for what I |
| 325 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80303 | say, or vice versa." |