Re: Fwd: Alvin Plantinga's paper

Moorad Alexanian (alexanian@uncwil.edu)
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 12:59:57 -0500 (EST)

At 08:29 AM 1/18/99 -0500, James Taggart wrote:
>You wrote:
>
>What would happen if the theory of evolution
>would be totally barred from our school systems? I believe that nothing
>would happen, science would continue to proposer, technology would be
>unhindered, medicine would flourish, etc.
>
>Question:
>If you do not understand the theory of common descent, how can you justify
>applying the results of medical experiments on some animals to other
>animals. Just because some medicine works in a pig says nothing about how
>it might work in humans unless you assume that they work through the same
>mechanisms. If you don't have common descent, why would you think that the
>bodies worked in the same way?

The cosmetic industry uses dogs to test the effect of cosmetics on humans.
Why don't they use monkeys instead? Aren't monkeys closer to us humans? It
is the same with pigs. It is trial and error that determines what animal to
experiment with. The answer to the observed similarities in the animal
kingdom could be that all animals were created at once by God and He is not
erratic but consistent. Does that satisfy you?

Moorad