Re: Accelerating Expansion of the Universe

Moorad Alexanian (alexanian@uncwil.edu)
Tue, 05 Jan 1999 11:08:26 -0500 (EST)

At 04:21 PM 12/28/98 -0500, George Murphy wrote:
>Moorad Alexanian wrote:
>> Our university library is closed and will have to wait till it opens to read
>> the article. However, for us Christians it does not mean much whether the
>> universe will "forever" expand or not. We live in a dying body, what is the
>> difference if we live in a dying universe? It does not seem that God dwells
>> in the universe and so the place the Lord is making for us must certainly
>> lie outside the physical universe. Instead of worrying of the missing mass,
>> we Christians ought to be worrying of missing Mass.
>
> Your last sentence is excellent!
> But remember that in Revelation, after all the cosmic catastrophes take
place &
>the powers of evil are defeated, the holy city comes down from heaven to
earth & "the
>dwelling of God is with humanity" (Rev.21:1-2). The souls of the martyrs
are in heaven
>as a temporary refuge, but the goal is heaven coming to earth, not our
going from earth
>to heaven. & the "dwelling" of God with humanity is something which has
already begun
>in the Incarnation (Jn.1:14).
>
>George L. Murphy
>gmurphy@raex.com
>http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/

Of course, I do not know what the word "new" means in verse 1: "THEN I saw a
new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed
away, and there is no longer any sea." Rev. 21:1.

Moorad