Re: Evolutionary mechanism GOOD??

Arthur V. Chadwick (chadwicka@swau.edu)
Tue, 05 Jan 1999 08:46:55 -0800

At 10:47 AM 1/5/99 -0400, David wrote:
>Although getting eaten by a predator is surely not a pleasant experience
>for a deer, neither is starvation or disease.
>
>The current system does work well if the most important goal is having a
>diversity of living organisms surviving a variety of environmental factors.

You have implied that the present fallen system should serve as a model for
the unfallen one that you and I have no sensible model for. Our own
ignorance should never be the basis for so profound a philosophical
position. It makes no sense whatsoever to model an unfallen system we have
never experienced after one that we have experienced that certainly can
bear little resemblance to the original, juat because we cannot imagine how
it could have been. The logical fallacy of so doing should be obvious.
Art
http://biology.swau.edu