Re: Descendants and Thomas Trap

Moorad Alexanian (alexanian@UNCWIL.EDU)
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 15:01:22 -0500 (EST)

At 12:29 PM 11/30/98 -0700, John W Burgeson wrote:
>Gary wrote:
>
>"I would agree with John here. I think of the words that the apostle
>Paul
>wrote to the Galatians (Ch 1 I think) to the effect that if anyone, even
>an angel from heaven should preach to them a gospel differing from that
>which they had already received, may he be eternally condemned. The
>Mormons, and other cults and distorted versions of Christianity which
>rob the cross of its power and elevate men to the position of God must
>surely come under the category of 'another gospel, another Jesus.' "
>
>I ask you the same question, then, that I asked elsewhere. How do you
>answer if I "write your particular denomination out?" Adventist,
>Catholic, Methodist, etc.?
>All have a somewhat different view, you know, and these views have caused
>men to shed blood over them in the past.
>
> Burgy

You have to be careful not to be fooled by the words Mormons use. Whenever
they speak to you and use terms like Christ, salvation, God, etc. you must
ask them what they precisely mean by those terms. Don't be fooled by devious
answers but push them against the wall. If they answer truthfully you will
realize that they are not Christians and use those terms with abhorrent
meanings---they cannibalize Christian terminology. Mormons prey on people
who believe the Bible is the Word of God yet are not knowledgable of it.

Moorad

p.s. Mormons would not classify as Christians even by using the very basic
term used by C.S. Lewis in Mere Christianity.