Re: My poll

Moorad Alexanian (alexanian@UNCWIL.EDU)
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 11:25:21 -0500 (EST)

At 04:24 PM 11/29/98 -0800, Glenn R. Morton wrote:
>When I left the board, I said my last act would be to conduct a poll of
>atheists on how they view a nonhistorical interpretation of the Bible. I
>have included the entire data on my web page:
>
>http://www.isource.net/~grmorton/pollath.htm
>
>There is material there for everyone and there are some very interesting
>comments.
>glenn
>
>Adam, Apes and Anthropology
>Foundation, Fall and Flood
>& lots of creation/evolution information
>http://www.isource.net/~grmorton/dmd.htm

Dear Glenn,

I read some of the comments given to your poll. I will read them all in the
afternoon when I have more time. First, I do not think you can use the same
yardstick to measure the historicity of the entire Bible. You begin with
Genesis and its historicity and then make conclusions about the whole Bible.
Can we doubt the historicity of Christ from what we make of the first
chapter of Genesis? I believe not. To me Genesis tells us there is a Creator
who plays an important role in our lives.

The only logical argument against Christianity that I can find is the
following: "It is too good to be true."

Moorad