Re: Did man originally speak a single language?

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Sun, 01 Nov 1998 20:12:12 -0600

At 02:04 PM 11/1/98 -0600, Karen G. Jensen wrote:
>>Glenn R. Morton wrote:
>>>
>>> The Bible says that there was an original language that all men spoke.
>
>Yes. But I'd expect _today's_ language families to be profoundly different,
>in light of Genesis 11:7.
>
>With some cognates by (post-Babel) contact.

But the problem we have is that linguists are on the verge of connecting
the world's languages via this type of analysis. Like it or not, we are
going to have to deal with the results of research even if we don't like
its effect on our theology.

glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood