Re: Re: Re: Evolution is alive and well

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 19:32:27 -0500

At 03:25 PM 10/23/98 -0500, Moorad Alexanian wrote:
>I am not sure if man evolved from lower forms or not. I also do not know how
>God interacts with His physical creation. I know our existence is contingent
>to His and thus He sustains it. But questions about God tinkering with His
>creation is hard for me to fathom. I have often said that the problem I have
>with evolution is with the Fall of Man. I do know of ways to jibe Scripture
>with scientific assumptions made by evolutionists. But I do not find them
>too satisfying.

Have you looked at my views? They are nothing if not novel.

see http://www.isource.net/~grmorton/synop.htm

>As I said I do not know how God interacts with nature. But the Fall of man
>is important in the Christian faith otherwise what sense is there for Christ
>and His death.

I absolutely agree that the Fall of man is extremely important and without
it, there is no need for a redeemer. And I don't think the Fall works
EXCEPT when Adam is an ACTUAL/HISTORICAL individual. The only way I could
deal with all these requirements is in the fashion I did. Go take a look
at the above page.
glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood