Re: Debate with Moorad

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 20:22:54 -0500

At 04:22 PM 10/19/98 -0600, John W Burgeson wrote:
>Glenn wrote, in response to Moorad:
>
>"If we were to find the entire panoply of modern animals, fossilized in
>>>Cambrian rocks, it would clearly rule out evolution since nothing would
>>>have changed and no evolution would have occurred. So, evolution is
>clearly
>>>falsifiable. "
>
>Moorad has already disagreed, and I find myself in agreement with him.
>What such a finding WOULD falsify is one particular view (theory)
>of evolution. But since evolution of SOME kind is the only possible
>natural explanation (see Planting on this), it would not falsify it at
>all.

One of the predictions of the global flood is that the preflood animals
which got on the ark got off the ark and repopulated the earth. This means
that we should find all animals throughout the geologic column. The finding
of all living animals (or a big percentage) would verify the global flood
view at the expense of evolution, because no morphological change would
have occurred. I fail to see how this can't be the case.

>What it would do is move the debate as to where it happened to some
>place other than our earth.

No, it would move the debate to how rapidly it occured if one still wanted
to believe in evolution. If kitty cats were found in the Cambrian
throughout the world, one would need to explain their stasis for such a
long time as well as the fact that they suddenly appeared.

glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood