Re: Evolution is alive and well

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Sun, 18 Oct 1998 11:29:29 -0500

At 01:19 PM 10/12/98 -0500, Moorad Alexanian wrote:
>At 05:57 PM 10/9/98 -0500, Glenn R. Morton wrote:
>>If we were to find the entire panoply of modern animals, fossilized in
>>Cambrian rocks, it would clearly rule out evolution since nothing would
>>have changed and no evolution would have occurred. So, evolution is clearly
>>falsifiable. The problem is we don't find modern animals in the 500 myr
>>old Cambrian rocks. In fact the earliest fossil example of a living animal
>>is only 5-10 million years old. There are two of them from Upper Miocene
>>rocks.
>

>I am sure that a dedicated evolutionist would conclude than modern animals
>devolved somewhere else in the universe and landed here on earth after they
>were dully developed.

No, the animals that appear in the early Miocene are quite similar to
existing animals, but differ in morphologic details. There are cats,
canids, ursids, etc that are clearly aligned with those groups, but, they
are NOT modern cats, canids ursids etc. There is no reason to invoke space
cats as a source for felids.

glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood