Re: Moral effects of Darwinism

Steven H. Schimmrich (sschimmr@calvin.edu)
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 10:22:48 -0400

At 08:22 AM 9/30/98 -0700, Art Chadwick wrote:

> At 03:33 PM 9/29/98 -0400, Steve wrote:
>
>> I think that most of us who've criticized YEC have also criticized the
>> scientism of people like Dawkins and others. I know I have. It's just
>> that some of us are very concerned about Christians spreading falsehoods
>> in the Christian community (something that, sadly, some of the list
>> participants have apparently no concern about given their support of
>> organizations like the ICR, CRI, and AIG).
>
> This is a very real problem, as you suggest. But it does not explain why
> nobody has even challenged what Dawkins said or did. I think that even if
> the group that interviewed dawkins may not have identified at the outset
> their philosophical persuasions, he did not answer their question, and
> engaged in an obvious coverup to protect himself. Doesnt anybody care
> about that?

But this is more of a case of "He said, she said" where it's very difficult
to decide who's telling the truth (it's most likely a case of both people being
partly correct in their versions).

That's different from criticizing statements in print which are objectively
fallacious.

- Steve.

--
   Steven H. Schimmrich, Assistant Professor of Geology
   Department of Geology, Geography, and Environmental Studies